|Salary||Up to £10.98 per hour|
|Published||27 days ago|
Rate of Pay: £10.98
Location: Belfast Zoo
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 12/03/2023 - 15/04/2023
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the Shift Supervisors for the operation of all front of house and customer service duties, including admissions, the visitors' centre and souvenir shop functions. To be responsible to the Shift Supervisor to ensure a high standard of customer service and cleanliness on the site.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To deal with visitors entering the relevant site, signposting, providing venue information, conducting tours, receiving fees for admission and to participate in all zoo wide promotions.
- To promote and process membership schemes, including issuing and re-issuing membership cards and maintaining the database.
- To carry out all duties required in the souvenir shop including selling goods, re-stocking maintaining stock levels to satisfy customer needs, receiving and checking goods inwards, signing delivery notes pricing and merchandising as required. To ensure service and stock levels maximise sales and comply with Trading Standard regulations
- To carry out regular stock checks and providing accurate information to management as required. Conducting basic analysis on sales trends to help with stock replenishment
- To maintain cleanliness levels on the site. Removing waste, emptying bins in public and staff areas, and disposing of packaging and other materials from the Visitor Centre and adjoining administration building in accordance with council procedures.
- To undertake general and specific cleaning duties, individually or as part of a team throughout all parts of the site; for example, the sweeping, mopping, polishing, litter picking and other relevant duties, of all public and staff areas, and toilets. To operate and use mechanical and electrical cleaning and polishing equipment.
- To assist and take part in the organisation of promotional campaigns, events and activities. To assist in the preparation of display material for exhibitions and education projects.
- To undertake general and specific labouring duties as directed, for example, dismantling, maintenance and storage of seating.
- To demonstrate the use of mobility scooters and record appropriate documentation.
- To provide administrative back up to the shift supervisors and other relevant zoo staff
- To be responsible for allocated cash floats and the operation and cashing up of allocated tills and reconciliation of cash at point of sale in accordance with council procedures. To perform appropriate end of day procedures.
- To act promptly upon all comments/complaints in a positive and friendly manner and in accordance with council procedures.
- To administratively assist with first aid, recording accident or incident details, filling out accident or incident reports, recording accidents and reporting all incidents to management through appropriate channels.
- To drive the department's vehicles, as assigned, and to maintain journey/incident/accident logs in line with operational procedures.
- To be responsible for driving Belfast Zoo visitors or other persons as required around the Belfast Zoo site in a professional manner.
Applicants must have at least one year's relevant experience in the each of the following areas:
- dealing with enquiries and cash handling on behalf of customers; and
- general cleaning duties, for example public and staff toilets.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.